Update Your Master Suite with These Paint Color ChoicesDecember 29, 2017
Tips for Painting Your Basement StairwayJanuary 26, 2018
Home renovations are a great idea because they can add some real value to a home. Adding an extra room, for example, will provide extra functionality for a home and make room for a growing family, especially teenagers who need more of their own space! One of the most popular home renovations is the classic basement remodel. Lots of homes have basements and most often, this is space that is simply not being used for anything more than the laundry or junk.
What Can a Basement Be Used for?
There are lots of ways that a basement can be used. Sure, the average basement is typically used as an extra storage space but it can be so much more. Just consider the following possibilities:
- Bedroom: If you have teenagers, you’ll understand just how much extra space they really need. How about turning that basement area into an extra bedroom so that they have their own space away from the rest of the family?
- Studio: If you paint, draw, make music, do crafts, or have any sort of hobby that requires its own room, why not use the basement as a studio space? Even if it doesn’t have windows to let in natural light, there are so many lighting solutions these days that the average basement can be made to be pretty well lit.
- Office: Everyone who runs a business from home would appreciate some extra work space. A basement can be turned into a fully functional office with fast Internet and everything else. Even if you don’t have a home-based business, the basement can still become a work space for when you take your office job home with you on weekends or after normal working hours.
Color Ideas for the Basement
There’s no point in investing all of that hard work and money into a remodeled basement if it’s just going to look dull and mundane. A few licks of paint can truly transform a boring space into something truly remarkable; so why not flip through some design magazines or look at some home design websites and choose a few color palettes?
Here are just a few color ideas:
- High-Tech: There was once a time when gray was considered a boring color not suitable for most homes. These days, it can be complemented with brighter colors to offset it. How about combining gray with bright orange accents? The gray tones down the orange and the orange works well with the gray for a high-tech look that is great for the modern office.
- Neutrals: People have always used some version of white or beige in their color schemes but the modern take on this is to match bright whites with chrome accessories or darker furniture. The minimalist look is clean without being domineering and sometimes incorporates blacks or grays in a subtle way to offset the white. This is also a great way to brighten up an otherwise underground basement room.
The average basement can really be turned into just about any space that you can think of. To finish it up, why not add some bold paint palettes and turn it into something truly special?
Jeff Sommers is a vibrant and experienced professional, having been at the helm of ESP Painting, Inc. for 27 remarkable years. As President, he has become an esteemed leader in the Commercial & Residential Construction industry in Oregon, United States. His experience has seen him gain valuable insight and knowledge, making him an invaluable asset to ESP Painting and its customers. With a bubbly personality and upbeat attitude, Jeff always looks ahead to the future as he continues his leadership journey toward success.