Paint It Forward: Why We Love It!November 4, 2016
Unlicensed Contractors – What Might Happen If I Hire One?November 14, 2016
Creating a holiday wall for seasons like Easter and Christmas is very popular with some people. Choosing the decorations, hanging up festive ornaments and pictures, and treating a wall of the home as something of a scrapbook really appeals to the crafter in some people and provides them a satisfying sense of occasion. There are always plenty of holiday and gallery wall ideas floating around online, but if you’re stuck for ideas, here are some that might just get the creative juices flowing.
Ideas for Your Holiday Gallery Wall
Some people are tempted to go all out and paint a wall in a feature color, but unless you’re truly committed and want that color after the holiday festivities are over, you should probably simply add accessories to the wall instead. With that said, here are some great ideas for an eye-catching holiday gallery wall for your home:
- Color: Holidays like Easter and Christmas are always so full of color that it’s important to add it to your wall. Hanging ribbons and other colorful decorations is a good way to catch the eye, but be careful that you don’t overload the wall with too much otherwise it may look cluttered! A number of well-chosen and well-placed colorful decorations will add some interest to an otherwise blank wall.
- Hanging: Ideally you should use a wall that already has some nails or picture hangers installed. Doing this means that you don’t have to put new holes in the wall. It also means that after the season is over you can simply put your original photos, pictures, and other decorations back.
- Framing: Why not frame and hang some festive wrapping paper? There are always colorful seasonal gift wrappers available and framing them and hanging them provides an eye-catching decoration.
- Ornaments: Hanging tinsel and other strings of ornaments are very popular at both Christmas and Easter, but for your gallery holiday wall you may want to consider choosing a simple string of ornaments and attach it to the wall. Locating it between two hanging frames or at the corner of the ceiling and the wall works best.
- Accent wall: If you fancy painting the wall, why not choose an accent paint color? Choose a color that will pop, but does not clash with the rest of the décor. If you are simply painting one wall, you will likely only need one pot of paint. If you plan to keep the accent color on the wall after the holiday is over, make sure you get enough paint to do at least a few coats. Interior acrylic is a great choice and will be durable in the long term.
Celebrate the Season in Style
Creating an attractive holiday gallery wall is not only easy but is also a good stress release for those who enjoy crafting and design. You can even apply the same principles to other kinds of walls. Maybe you want to be reminded of a great family holiday you had and hang some photos and airline tickets in a montage? The ideas are endless!
Jeff Sommers is a vibrant and experienced professional, having been at the helm of ESP Painting, Inc. for 27 remarkable years. As President, he has become an esteemed leader in the Commercial & Residential Construction industry in Oregon, United States. His experience has seen him gain valuable insight and knowledge, making him an invaluable asset to ESP Painting and its customers. With a bubbly personality and upbeat attitude, Jeff always looks ahead to the future as he continues his leadership journey toward success.