What should I expect when painting the interior of my house?
It’s a common question! If you have hired professional contractors or painters before, you may know that all approaches are a bit different.
Here is the ESP way!
What to do the days before we start the work:
- Please remove all breakables off the walls and shelving. We will be glad to help move large furniture if it’s free of breakables.
- Remove any art and family pictures off the wall. It’s a good idea to take a picture of how you had it set up before you take it down! If you are leaving the pictures in the same location please leave all the nails in the walls and we will replace them when we finish. If you are moving the pictures, please remove the nails and clips and we will fill in the holes.
- If you would like us to re-install something like a paper towel holder or shelf, leave it up for us to take down so we know how it goes back.
- Provide a cleanup area for paint brushes. A sink in the laundry room or kitchen will do.
- Provide bathroom access or set up a portapotty rental with our office.
What to expect upon our arrival:
- Your crew leader will review the scope of work and colors with you before they get started. We want to be certain your colors and sheens are correct and that we are cautious of your personal items.
- Our shoes will be off or we will wear booties while working in your home.
- We remove all light switch covers, outlet covers and other simple objects. They will be cleaned and reinstalled after painting. *We don’t remove cable or phone plates due to the complications of the wiring.
- We cover the floors and furniture with painter plastic before any drop cloths go down.
What the last day on the job looks like:
- The crew leader will organize all the extra paint, labeling them to each area that was painted with that color.
- Full cleanup including moving furniture back in place that we had moved out of the way to do the work, dusting and vacuuming.
- The final walk through. When our crew is about finished with the job we invite you to look over our work and label touchups for us to do.
- The crew leader will be asking for the final payment. He can take the payment with him, you can mail it or you can call our office.
At ESP Painting we like to set ourselves apart by going the extra mile and making your painting experience easy and fast. Give us a call for a no-hassle estimate for your next painting project!